Alisal Restaurant Group is seeking a General Manger to join Sabio on Main. Our growing group is in need of a natural leader to help propel our Flagship Restaurant as we open our new projects. You will be the face of Sabio for guests, ensuring we deliver a service experience that matches our amazing culinary program. Michelin rated, named a Best 50 Bay Area restaurant, and Wine Spectator Award of Excellence Recipient, Sabio on Main is an upscale full-service restaurant located in downtown Pleasanton. We offer a 3 and 5 course Prix Fixe dinner menu, our signature 10-Course Chef’s Tasting Menu, an a la carte menu available on the patio or bar area, as well as our popular Weekend Brunch and Weekday Happy Hour.
Your primary responsibility is to create an amazing guest experience every time. You will build and lead the FOH team and ensure every team member is prepared and empowered to deliver the highest quality experience. You will ensure all FOH operations run smoothly - the space is clean and ready for service; inventory is maintained; procedures are followed; and all the details are addressed. You will work with the Executive Chef/Owner and Owner in executing short and long term goals and initiatives with a constant focus on guest satisfaction, employee morale, and profitability.
Managing the front of house team
You will be responsible for the entire front of house team and will ensure we have the right people in the right positions. You will develop training programs that equip all FOH team members to know what is understood of them and to deliver exceptional guest experiences. You will organize the work, set shift schedules, and ensure that local hygiene and safety standards are adhered to. You will recruit and train the FOH team and take responsibility for individual team member performance.
Controlling FOH costs
You will be responsible for making sure FOH costs are managed to ensure restaurant profitability, in line with the objectives set by the management team. You will manage FOH labor costs based on projected business volumes, place orders, stock removal, managing suppliers and cash registers.
Ensuring the guest receives an outstanding experience
You will be responsible for ensuring the customer receives the warmest possible welcome and experience when they visit. You will monitor the way in which each member of the FOH team works and also welcome customers in person. You will give advice, guide their experience and converse with them to ensure that everything is going well. You will address any issues or complaints and work through the appropriate channels to remedy the situation and turn a negative into a positive.
- Supervise and coordinate all FOH restaurant activities
- Oversee guest services and resolve issues
- Ensure a high quality of service
- Train and manage FOH restaurant personnel
- Create and adjust staff schedules to meet restaurant needs
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation regulations
- Prior restaurant management experience in similar role required
- Wine knowledge or relevant experience desirable
- Ability to understand and positively impact P&L statements, cost of sales, food costs, inventory control, and safety performance
- Capable of effectively managing FOH operations
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
- Excellent written and communication
- Company subsidized healthcare after 90 days of employment
- Retirement Investment Options available after 90 days of employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.