- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating the temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking
- Respond to guest feedback with appropriate urgency and professionalism
- Previous experience as a restaurant cook preferred
- ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification (or must be willing to attain)
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to lift 30+ lbs
- Ability to work standing for 8+ hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sabio on Main is a Bay Area Best 50 restaurant located in downtown Pleasanton. Chef Francis Hogan crafts seasonal California dishes using ingredients from local farm and ranch partners. Our wine list is ranked by Wine Spectator as one of the best in the country, and our cocktail program has received top honors at an Alameda County Craft Cocktail competition.The Sabio team delivers the best culinary, beverage and service experience in the area. We are serious about our craft, but we have fun and enjoy the ride.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)