- Ensure quality of food and ingredients by checking for freshness, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock
- Assemble station Mise en Place and prepare assigned dishes during service periods to the restaurant's standards
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperatures by regulating the temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, fryers, and smokers.
- Assist co-workers as needed to foster a team environment
- Respond to guest and management feedback with appropriate urgency and professionalism
Previous experience as a restaurant cook preferred
- ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification (or must be willing to attain within 30 Days of Employment)
Effective communication skills
Ability to lift 30+ lbs
Ability to work standing for 8+ hours
- Top of the Market Hourly rate based on experience
- Pooled Tips to Kitchen Staff
- Ability to grow your career from within; Our group is expanding and there will be many future opportunities for the right people
- Opportunity for creativity and collaboration on our menus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sabio on Main is a Bay Area Best 50 restaurant located in downtown Pleasanton. Chef Francis Hogan crafts seasonal California dishes using ingredients from local farm and ranch partners. Our wine list is ranked by Wine Spectator as one of the best in the country, and our cocktail program has received top honors at an Alameda County Craft Cocktail competition.The Sabio team delivers the best culinary, beverage and service experience in the area. We are serious about our craft, but we have fun and enjoy the ride.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)